It’s always a good idea to make your own pizza at home. You can control the ingredients and you can get creative with your toppings. But, how do you make it taste great?
Pizza is a favorite food for many people. It’s the perfect dinner choice because it is quick to make, easy to customize, and everyone likes it! Making your own pizza at home can be tricky if you are new to making pizzas.
Follow these tips from our catering experts, and you’ll have delicious homemade pizza in no time! Here are some tips on making a tasty homemade pizza! Put these tips into practice with your next recipe and you’ll be enjoying a fresh, hot pizza before you know it!
1) Preheat your oven according to the instructions on the dough package before starting with any toppings or sauce. This ensures that the crust will cook evenly throughout without being undercooked or burnt on top of your pie.
2) Use fresh ingredients–this means using high-quality cheese, tomato sauce made from canned tomatoes instead of crushed tomatoes (and vice versa), and prepackaged pepperoni or sausage instead of the cheaper, lesser quality kind.
3) When it comes to the sauce, remember that less is more! A thin layer will taste better than a thick one and will also cook faster so your pizza isn’t soggy.
4) If you want to make your own dough, there are plenty of recipes online (or in cookbooks) that will give you great results. However, if you’re short on time or just don’t feel like doing it yourself, store-bought dough is just fine.
5) Once your dough is ready, lay it out on a lightly floured surface and use your hands to stretch it out into a large circle. Make sure to do this evenly, otherwise your pizza will be lopsided.
6) Transfer the dough to a greased baking sheet or pizza pan and then let it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes (this will help it keep its shape).
7) Spread your sauce over the dough, leaving a ½-inch border around the edge. Sprinkle on your cheese and then add your toppings.
8) Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
Now that you know how to make a great tasting pizza at home. But if there’s need to order one from a Bella’s pizzeria. Just click on the link.